Friday, April 13, 2007

The Dumbest Person Alive

Ok, so I never really write blogs of personal events, but something happened recently that I just had to make fun of. The names are being withheld from the story to protect the idiots.


Ok, here is the background. My friend goes to Iraq for like 9 months and basically towards the end his girlfriend breaks up with him for another guy, while he's still over there. This could just end here and be another sad war story, and life goes on. But, what I didn't mention is my friend is in the Special Forces AKA he's a Green Beret. Oh and just to clear it up, the guy she left him for isn't. Now just think about the guy she left him for, that was a very poor decision of his part. No forsight whatsoever.I can only imagine how the dialouge of that conversation went.



directly after first kiss or first whatever



Girl: Hey, I gotta tell you something

Boy: Ok...what is it?

Girl: I have a boyfriend.

Boy: Oh, wow...where is he at I've never seen him?

Girl: He's in Iraq...he's in the Army

Boy: Oh. (growing more concerned)....what's he do in the army?

Girl: He's a Green Beret

Boy: .......



Still, this was not enough to send him running for the hills. My question to this guy is; Haven't you ever seen Rambo? If I learned anything during my childhood it was Rambo is a Green Beret, therefore I should never ever mess with Rambo or any other Green Beret for that matter. He killed an entire Vietnamese Army along with a Soviet Military unit in First Blood Part II without getting shot, and with a gun, knife and a bow and arrow. Yet this guy thinks it's 'OK' to steal away a girlfriend of one of them. Not only could he spliter cell across your ceiling in the darkness of the night, and quietly kill you in your sleep and escape without anyone knowing or any evidence being left. He could just flat out kick your ass. I don't care if the girl is a supermodel millionaire, I would be out so fast. I thought maybe this guy is just ballsier than me, turns out he just may be the dumbest person alive. Let me leave you with this quote from the great Colonel Trautman





"You don't seem to want to accept the fact that you're dealing with an expert in guerilla warfare. With a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, to ignore weather, to live off the land. To eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill, period! Win by attrition. Well, Rambo was the best! "




I can't remember if this picture is my friend or Rambo, but regardless why would you want confrontation with that?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While reading your little story about stupid people,I couldn't help but notice that you wrote:"now just think about the guy she left him for, that was a very poor decision of his part".It seems that should read:that was a very poor decision on her part(since she is the one who made the decision and not him).One would probably want to be correct in a situation where countless viewers are judging your own smarts by how you present them in a paragraph. Just because the other guy was a green beret doesn't mean that his status alone could fill all of her needs. How often do people bring out combat skills to solve day to day problems and situations as complex as relationships? Thank you!